Thursday, November 1, 2007

Our favorite kitchen gadget series

You can't eat at home without having a few kitchen gadgets, right? Today's post is on one of my favorite kitchen staples. It's not fancy or flashy (and certainly not a "uni-tasker" as Alton Brown would say) and can be bought for less than $15. Even my mother, who does not share my interest in cooking and making kitchen messes, owns one and loves her too.

No kitchen is complete without an 8 cup measuring cup!


We use ours mostly for mixing and baking (cakes, cookies, pancakes, waffles, muffins...), but it comes in handy when you need that 5 cups of water for a soup or just need something with a handy pour spout, handle and/or lid. They are microwave, dishwasher & freezer safe, what more can you ask? I will warn you - Pyrex is shatter resistant, but if you drop it on a kitchen floor (with a cement sub floor underneath) it will break into many itty-bitty pieces (which will be easily found by a bare feet, ouch!).

2 comments:

The Jones Chronicles said...

I LOVE the lid!! We actually have 2 large measuring cups, but no lid! I'm a tad jealous! LOL!!

Love the new blog!

Becky said...

Now you have ME wanting an 8-cup measuring cup!!! We have a 4-cup (never used it, but we have it), but now I'm craving the 8, lol!