Sunday, December 23, 2007

Best Crab Cakes, Ever!

Today I ate the most wonderful crab cakes of my life. I was far from the coast in Atlanta, GA, but they tasted so wonderfully fresh and full of lump crab. We met our newest married friends, Becky & Kevin, at Houston's in Atlanta. We started off our meal with a smoked salmon appetizer and Bloody Marys. The salmon was amazing and the bloody marys were less than stellar. For the first time ever, I sent my drink back (well, all 4 of us did). The rest of the meal was delicious; spinach with shallots and ramono cheese and roasted veggies, and of course the crab cakes. Three of us ordered the crab and Paul had the NY strip special. YUM. We were too full to partake of dessert so we'll have to return for dessert (and more crab cakes!)

1 comment:

Becky said...

The crab cakes were awesome! But I totally agree--worst bloody mary ever!! If that had been my first try at a bm, I don't think I would've ever given it another try! When you guys get a chance, hit up Front Page News--amazing bm's!!
We had so much fun meeting up with you guys--it brightened our holiday even more! :-)