Saturday, December 1, 2007

Christmas spice coffee

I love some flavored coffees, however, I don't care to pay extra for them (and their artificial flavoring). I started making my own "flavored" coffee at home. It's quick, easy and cheap!

I love the 'spices of Christmas:'
cinnamon
cloves
nutmeg
all spice

They make me feel all warm inside and they make coffee taste super delicious!

Here's how to make your own:

1 coffee maker
1 coffee filter
ground coffee
your choice of ground spices

I like to use columbian or frech coffee (love the deep flavor) and then add a hearty dash or cinnamon (about a 1/2 tsp for 8 cups). On special days, I also add a 1/4 tsp of cloves, nutmeg and allspice. Not only does it taste delicious, it makes the house smell heavenly!

For an extra special touch, I also love to froth a little warm milk before adding my flavored coffee. Ikea has an awesome battery powered frothers for less than $3, but you can also find them at any kitchen specialty store. You'll think you're drinking a $5 coffee drink from Starbucks :)

1 comment:

Becky said...

Yum!!! I'll have to try that sometime. And maybe we can make an Ikea run when we're in Atlanta during Christmas, at least for that frother! :-)